In 1930 a railway shunting station was established between Freilassing and Salzburg.
Early 1980 the Terminal was founded and taken over by the M.Kaindl Holzindustrie in the late 1990'ies. CTS was founded in 2001 as the operater of the container Terminal. Now CTS is one of the significant transport hub's in western Austria.
- 1980 opening of the Container Terminal Salzburg
- 1982 first gantry crane in Austria operated by CTS
- 1997 second gantry crane installed at CTS
- 2001 CTS as operater of the Terminal was founded
- 2006 1st extention of the Terminal Salzburg
- 2007 1st extention successfully completed
- 2009 Kronotrans merged with CTS
- 2010 2nd phase of the therminal extention started
- 2011 2nd extention completed with boost in capacity
- 2011 New interactive Web-Site launched
- 2017 New TOS Terminal Operating System IRIS
- 2019 New office building